The Simple Gifts Concert and pre-concert dinner will be held Saturday, November 10 at Riverside.
- Dinner in the Riverview Room begins at 5:30 p.m.,
- The concert begins at 7 p.m.
The concert, a celebration of community music, will feature: Tim Mayer, The Portland Police Highland Guard Bagpipers, Dawn Rankin, Michelle Edwards, Diana Beterbide, and The Riverside Chancel Choir & Gospel Ensemble. The concert is free.
The dinner, prepared by Riverside chefs Kathy Watson, James Halloway and Beth Hartwell, is an autumn dinner of Italian flavors. The menu is:
* Antipasto platter
* Green Herb Caesar
* White Salmon Baking Company Bread
* Potato gnocchi with butternut squash, sage, hazelnuts and brown butter cream sauce
* Chocolate almond ice cream cake
The price for dinner is $40 per person.
Proceeds from the dinner will be used to support the Warming Shelter and the community service projects of Riverside.