Learn About Riverside – Our History
The church was formed in 1890 as the “Congregational Church of Hood River” with a membership of eight persons. The first pastor to serve the church was Reverend Howall, who began his ministry on April 29 of that year.
In 1912, the current stone church was built at the corner of 4th and State streets and the first organ was installed. In 1919, church members voted to become “Riverside Community Church” Since its inception, Riverside has been a Christian community that welcomes people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs.